Residential FASTRACK permit service now available every day|
| || ||
Residential FASTRACK is a building permit service for certain types of home renovation projects in existing houses, with one or two units. Previously, this service was available a half-day each week in Toronto’s district offices. It is now available all day, every business day, at each of the four district offices.
Projects eligible for Residential FASTRACK include:
- first floor and basement additions, up to 50 square metres
- minor interior alterations (not including the creation of second suites)
- decks, verandahs, porches
- garages and carports
- accessory structures (such as gazebos and storage sheds)
- basement entrances, underpinning
- pool enclosures
Homeowners, or their contractors or agents, can submit their completed applications at the district office located in the area of their renovation projects. Whenever possible, Toronto’s Building Division will issue a permit over-the-counter as the applicant waits.
District offices are as follows:
- Etobicoke York District, 2 Civic Centre Crt.
- North York District, North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St.
- Scarborough District, Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr.
- Toronto and York District, Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. W.
Mayor David Miller introduced the service today at City Hall for Toronto and East York. Launches for the other districts will take place at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, January 11 in Scarborough and in Etobicoke York; and at 9 a.m. on Thursday, January 12 in North York.
For more information, visit http://www.toronto.ca/building.
Chief Building Official and Executive Director