City of Toronto   spacer1
HomeContact UsHow Do I...?Advanced search

Living in TorontoDoing businessVisiting TorontoAccessing City Hall spacer2
spacer3
spacer4
doors open list bullet
Doors Open Toronto
spacerBreak
spacerBreak
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
spacer5
spacer6 spacer7
  spacer8All Buildings
   


401 Richmond Street West

401 Richmond St. W.
Telephone: 416-595-5900
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
1:00 pm, 3:00 pm
401 Richmond Street West is a heritage-designated industrial building that was originally constructed for the Macdonald Manufacturing Company from 1899 - 1923. The building operated as a tin factory best known for its lithographic work. That artistic... more.

Annette Street Public Library

145 Annette St.
Telephone: 416-393-7692
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
No
An original Carnegie Library, Western Library was renamed Annette Street Library in 1962. Annette Street Public Library is the among the oldest Toronto Public Library buildings, second only to only to the Yorkville branch (1907). Construction starte... more.

Applewood - The Shaver Homestead

450 The West Mall
Telephone: 416-622-4124
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
No
This historical 1851 homestead is the birth place of James Shaver Woodsworth, founder of the Co-operative Commonwealth Federation political party - pre present day NDP - that helped bring social programs to Canada. This one and a half storey farm ho... more.

Archives of Ontario

134 Ian Macdonald Blvd.
Telephone: 416-327-1600
Saturday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The Archives of Ontario’s purpose-built facility, located at York University’s Keele campus, is an excellent home to the heritage of the province. A large, bright reading room gives researchers access to a unique and multi-faceted collection that in... more.

ARTiculations Art Supply | Gallery | Studio - Williams Speers Commercial Building

2928 Dundas St. W.
Telephone: 416-901-7464
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
12:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Built in 1919 under architects Smith and Wright, 2928 Dundas St W has had many lives. Previously home to a barber shop, a clothing store, and a design studio, it now operates as ARTiculations; an art supply shop, gallery and studio. A highlight of t... more.

Arts & Letters Club of Toronto - St. George's Hall

14 Elm St.
Telephone: 416-597-0223
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
The St. George's Hall is a Toronto landmark - a building with a lively history of remarkable colour and vivacity. Built in 1891 by the St. George's Society, this heritage property is protected by the City of Toronto through designation and recognised... more.

Artscape Wychwood Barns

601 Christie St.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 am, Last admittance: 3:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30
Tours:
No
A community cultural hub where a dynamic mix of arts, culture, food security, urban agriculture, environmental and other community activities and initiatives have come together to provide a new lease on life for a century-old former streetcar repair ... more.

Artscape Youngplace

180 Shaw Street
Telephone: 416-530-2787
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
No
Artscape Youngplace is a community cultural hub located in Toronto’s West Queen West neighbourhood, with 75,000 square feet of space devoted to artistic inspiration, learning, growth and expression. The facility opened in 2013 after a major renovatio... more.

Assembly Hall

1 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Dr.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
No
The Assembly Hall was completed in 1898 as part of the Mimico Lunatic Asylum. Patient labour was used to construct the brick structure, which was designed to improve the life of the hospital by offering weekly church services, dances and concerts for... more.

atelier rzlbd

Bayview Village Shopping Centre; 2901 Bayview Ave.
Telephone: 416-223-1900
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 am, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Atelier rzlbd, is a boutique architecture practice located in Bayview Village shopping centre. The space explores the challenges of integrating shopping experience with exposing the behind-the-scene of design process to promote contemporary architect... more.

Avenue Road Arts School

460 Avenue Rd.
Telephone: 416-961-1502
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Located in the heart of Toronto, the Avenue Road Arts School has been offering art classes to students six months old all the way to adults for the past 22 years in a warm and welcoming environment. Our 100-year-old facility features a plethora of un... more.

Bata Shoe Museum

327 Bloor St. W.
Telephone: 416-979-7799
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Architect Raymond Moriyama challenged himself to create an enduring building which would express the excitement he felt when he first saw the Bata Shoe Museum's collection and inspire that feeling in others. He succeeded by designing one of the city... more.

Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence

11 Arboretum Ln.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
The Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence at the Lassonde School of Engineering isn't just another school building - it has no lecture halls, big open spaces for student interaction, and labs that inspire collaboration. The building is the home ... more.

BethEmeth Bais Yehuda Synagogue

100 Elder St.
Telephone: 416-633-3838
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Our Synagogue fosters a full and joyous way of life proudly rooted in our Jewish heritage. We are an accessible building that serves as a house of worship, a venue for celebrating and commemorating life cycle events and a community centre serving a ... more.

Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport

2 Eireann Quay, Toronto ON
Telephone: 416-203-6942
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
No
Since its opening in 1939, Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport has served as an important commercial aviation centre, a training base for both the Royal Canadian and Royal Norwegian Air Forces during World War I, a hub for General Aviation and emergenc... more.

Black Creek Pioneer Village

1000 Murray Ross Pkwy.
Telephone: 416-736-1733
Saturday:
11:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
11:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Black Creek Pioneer Village offers you a fascinating journey into the past. Black Creek is a working village, typical of those established in south central Ontario between the 1790s and 1860s. Forty authentically restored homes, workshops and public ... more.

Bloor Hot Docs Cinema

506 Bloor St. W.
Telephone: 416-637-3123
Saturday:
10:00 am - 3:00 pm, Last admittance: 2:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 3:00 pm, Last admittance: 2:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The Bloor Hot Docs Cinema opened its doors as a film house on December 23, 1913 under the name Madison Theatre, becoming one of the first picture palaces in Toronto. It was rebuilt in 1941 and reopened as the Midtown, becoming a well-known neighbourh... more.

Bloor Street United Church

300 Bloor St. W.
Telephone: 416-924-7439
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Bloor Street United Church (BSUC) is a progressive congregation. Three BSUC ministers have become Moderator of the United Church of Canada, George C. Pidgeon, Ernest M. Howse, and Bruce McLeod. The LGBT affirming congregation is led by Rev. Dr. Marth... more.

Bridgepoint Administration Building - Historic Don Jail

1 Bridgepoint Way
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
No
Opened in 1864 the Historic Don Jail, is a Toronto icon with a rich and unique history. The distinctive Italianate design of the building was created by renowned architect William Thomas. Initially used as a reform jail, the building remained operat... more.

Campbell House Museum

160 Queen St. W.
Telephone: 416-597-0227
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Campbell House was built in 1822 for William Campbell, the sixth Chief Justice of Upper Canada. In 1972, the Advocates' Society rescued the building from demolition by moving it from Adelaide and Frederick streets to its current location. It is the o... more.

Canada Life

330 University Ave.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Canada Life's majestic building was designed to symbolize the company's stability. At 17 stories and 276 feet, it was the tallest building on University Ave. when completed on March 15, 1931. The weather beacon was added in 1951 and forecasts approac... more.

Canadian Film Centre (CFC) - Historic Windfields Estates

2489 Bayview Ave.
Telephone: 416-445-1446
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
No
Windfields Estate was the home of Edward Plunkett “E.P.” Taylor (1901-1989), a prominent businessman and breeder of champion racehorses. The eight hectare site was one of the first properties in the area developed following the 1929 extension of Bay... more.

Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College

6100 Leslie St.
Telephone: 416-482-2340
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC) unveiled its Leslie St. campus in late summer 2004, a modern 150,000 square foot facility. It all began with the purchase in 2001 of the Associated Hebrew Schools of Toronto’s Leslie St. site, origina... more.

Canadian Music Centre - Chalmers House

20 Saint Joseph St.
Telephone: 416-961-6601
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The Canadian Music Centre (CMC) is an arts organization that allows audiences to discover, listen, and perform by engaging with contemporary music from across the country. Chalmers House is a designated heritage building that includes the CMC perform... more.

Canadian Sufi Cultural Centre

270 Birmingham St.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
We invite guests to experience the unique building with beautiful Turkish tiles, carpets and lamps similar to a setting in Turkey. A visit during the day (10am-5pm) will entail a peaceful experience of this cultural centre / place of worship. You wil... more.

Cathedral Church of St. James

65 Church St.
Telephone: 416-364-7865
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The history of St James Cathedral goes back to the very founding of this city. Built of local brick and Ohio stone in the Gothic Revival style, it opened for services in 1853 after the disastrous fire of 1849 had destroyed the former Cathedral and mu... more.

Cedar Ridge Creative Centre

225 Confederation Dr.
Telephone: 416-396-4026
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Cedar Ridge Creative Centre, originally known as Uplands, was the summer home for the Cummings family. Built in the Arts and Crafts style, the 14 room, 5,000 square foot mansion was completed in 1912. In addition to the Main House, there is a Gardene... more.

Centennial College Morningside Campus

755 Morningside Ave.
Telephone: 416-289-5000
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Morningside Campus provides an advanced learning environment for students pursuing health science and engineering technology programs. The glassy edifice brings sunlight into every classroom and features a uniquely suspended lecture theatre as a foca... more.

Centennial College, Story Arts Centre - School of Communications Media & Design

951 Carlaw Avenue
Telephone: 416-289-5000
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
This modernist gem, designed in 1954 by renowned architect Peter Dickinson, was originally built as the Toronto Teachers College and won a Massey Architecture Award as the best school design in Canada that year. Centennial’s involvement with the Teac... more.

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)

1001 Queen St. W.
Telephone: 416-535-8501
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is Canada's largest mental health and addiction teaching hospital. CAMH combines clinical care, research, education, policy development and health promotion to help transform the lives of people affec... more.

City of Toronto Archives

255 Spadina Rd.
Telephone: 416-392-0778
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
No
Formally opened on January 22, 1992, the City of Toronto Archives was designed by Zeidler Roberts Partnership to be a safe, secure and efficient archives space, as well as an inviting research facility and a complement to its historic surroundings. A... more.

City & OMNI Television - Rogers Studios

33 Dundas Street East
Telephone:
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Rogers Studios – home of City and OMNI Television at Yonge-Dundas Square! This 5-floor building is a state-of-the-art broadcast facility right in the heart of downtown Toronto. The facility was originally built in 2004, as the Olympic Spirit Torch Bu... more.

College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario

80 College St.
Telephone: 416-967-2600
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
The home of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario since 1983, 80 College St. was designed by Canadian architect Eberhard Zeidler, whose pioneering work includes the Toronto Eaton Centre and Ontario Place. Zeidler noted that the building ... more.

Commerce Court North Tower - Banking Hall

25 King St. W.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
The history of Commerce Court North reaches back to when it was built in 1931. The 34-storey North Tower was the tallest building in the British Empire until 1962 and home to Canada's business elite for a generation. It was designed by Pearson and Da... more.

Community Association for Riders with Disabilities (CARD)

4777 Dufferin Street
Telephone: 416-667-8600
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The Community Association for Riders with Disabilities(CARD) was the first therapeutic riding centre in Canada, being introduced in 1969 by Dr. Renaud and Mr. Joseph Bauer. In 1979, with the assistance of then North York Mayor, Mel Lastman, CARD was ... more.

Congregation Darchei Noam

864 Sheppard Ave. W.
Telephone: 416-638-4783
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Congregation Darchei Noam’s building was designed to embody our Reconstructionist principles, including those of Bal Tashchit (do not waste) and Tikkun Olam (heal the world). An architecturally modern building, it interprets the forms of a traditiona... more.

Congregation Knesseth Israel (Junction Shul)

56 Maria St.
Telephone: 416-961-5556
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The building has a number of distinct features. The mural on the eastern wall, above the hand carved Aron Hakodesh, was inspired by a quotation from the Pirkei Avot, Ethics of the Fathers, "Behold as a leopard, light as a eagle, swift as a Dear and s... more.

Cornell Campbell House

3620 Kingston Rd.
Telephone: 416-264-2020
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The Cornell-Campbell House is a farmhouse that was first settled by William Cornell after moving to Canada from Rhode Island in 1799. As one of Scarborough's earliest pioneers, Cornell helped plant the town's first orchard and built its first saw mil... more.

Daniels Spectrum

585 Dundas St. E.
Telephone: 416-238-2543
Saturday:
11:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
11:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Since opening in September 2012, Daniels Spectrum has become a destination for culturally diverse performances, celebrations and community and public events. Operated and managed by Artscape, the building is home to eight tenant organizations, includ... more.

DEAF CULTURE CENTRE

15 Mill St.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30
Tours:
No
The Canadian Cultural Society of the Deaf(CCSD), a non-profit charitable organization, aims to preserve, encourage and advance the arts and culture of Canada's Deaf population, featuring performing and visual arts, media arts and literature reflectin... more.

Denegri Bessai Studio

1088 Bathurst St.
Telephone: 416-538-1088
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Established in 2008 by partners Tom Bessai and Maria Denegri. Work from the studio has won numerous design awards, and has appeared in a range of local and international publications including Toronto Life, the Globe and Mail, Canadian Architect, Azu... more.

Design Exchange

234 Bay St.
Telephone: 416-363-6121
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Design Exchange, a not-for-profit funded by its members and donors, is Canada's only cultural institution dedicated exclusively to the pursuit of design excellence. At the crossroads of multiple disciplines, from furniture and architecture to graphic... more.

Diamond Schmitt Architects - Ellis Building

384 Adelaide St. W.
Telephone: 416-862-8800
Saturday:
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
No
The Ellis Building is a classic example of early 20th-century industrial loft design, featuring exposed red brick, large windows and mushroom cap columns. Originally the home of stationary and printing firm Barber-Ellis Company, Diamond Schmitt Archi... more.

Distillery District - Voice Integrative School

50 Gristmill Ln.
Telephone: 416-507-3454
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 4:30 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Originally the Rectifying House, where spirits were refined to make whiskey, it was at times used as a part of the Cooperage (barrel-making shop) that was so important to the whiskey-ageing process, later offices and a laboratory. This fascinating bu... more.

Downsview Park - The Hangar

75 Carl Hall Rd.
Telephone: 416-952-2222
Saturday:
10:00 am - 3:00 am, Last admittance: 3:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
No
Formerly an aircraft hangar for the de Havilland Aircraft Company and Canadian Forces, the Downsview Park Sports Centre is a 45,000-square-metre (485,000-square-foot) multi-purpose facility that offers activities year-round that attracts visitors of ... more.

Downsview Park Sports Centre - True North Climbing

75 Carl Hall Rd.
Telephone: 416-398-7625
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Formerly an aircraft hangar for the de Havilland Aircraft Company and the Canadian Forces, the Downsview Park Sports Centre is a 485,000 sq. ft. multi-purpose facility that offers activities year-round that attracts visitors of all ages and interests... more.

DTAH

50 Park Rd.
Telephone: 416-968-9479
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Completed in 1945, the building was designed as the first permanent headquarters for the Ontario Association of Architects. The result of a design competition won by John B. Parkin Associates, one of the province's leading modernist firms at the time... more.

East Scarborough Storefront

4040 Lawrence Ave. E.
Telephone: 416-208-9889
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm
Originally conceived in the mid 1960's as a police substation, today the space at 4040 Lawrence Ave East is a thriving community hub. Reimagined by local youth with the guidance of architects and engineers in 2010, the site was renovated to include c... more.

Eastdale Collegiate Institute - School Grown Rooftop Garden

701 Gerrard St. E.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
10:15 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm
Eastdale CI is home to a former rooftop tennis court that has been transformed into a lush, productive urban farm. Over 300 planter boxes, 120 sub-irrigated planters, 50 fruiting perennial bushes, a culinary herb garden, and an outdoor classroom have... more.

Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre Centre

189 Yonge St.
Telephone: 416-314-2901
Saturday:
10:30 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30

Sunday:
10:30 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30
Tours:
No
The Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre Centre, a national historic site, is the last operating “double-decker” Edwardian theatre facility in the world. Opened in 1913 as the Canadian flagship of the famous Loew’s chain of vaudeville theatres, the Elgin’... more.

Fool's Paradise

1 Meadowcliffe Dr.
Telephone: 416-325-5000
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Fool’s Paradise is the former residence of well-known Canadian artist Doris McCarthy, best known for her landscape paintings. McCarthy bought the picturesque 12-acre property on the Scarborough Bluffs in 1939. Her mother viewed the purchase as an ext... more.

Fort York National Historic Site

250 Fort York Blvd.
Telephone: 416-392-6907
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm
The settlement of modern Toronto began in 1793 when John Graves Simcoe built a garrison on the present site of Fort York. Fearful of war with the United States, Simcoe planned to establish a naval base at Toronto so he could control Lake Ontario. Sim... more.

Gibson House Museum

5172 Yonge St.
Telephone: 416-395-7432
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
The Gibson House was built in the Georgian style of architecture with a gracious front entrance including a fan light transom and side lights, granitized walls and painted floorcloths. The house was home to David and Eliza Gibson and their family. ... more.

Glendon Campus, York University - Centre of Excellence

2275 Bayview Ave.
Telephone: 416-736-2100
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
York University's Glendon campus officially opened the Centre of Excellence for French language and bilingual post-secondary education in southern Ontario on May 15, 2012. The elegant glass cube building is built on Glendon's exisiting facilities, cr... more.

Glendon Campus, York University - Glendon Hall

2275 Bayview Ave.
Telephone: 416-736-2100
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Originally built as a residence for Edward R. Wood – Canadian financier and founder of Dominion Securities – and his wife, Agnes E. Smart, Glendon Hall is located in the heart of the Bridle Path neighbourhood. The Manor enjoys a beautiful natural set... more.

Hare Krishna Temple (ISKCON Toronto)

243 Avenue Rd.
Telephone: 416-922-5415
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
East meets West at the Hare Krishna Temple as one of the oldest eastern temples in Toronto lies within the western walls of a beautiful limestone church. With an incredibly storied past which saw the building change hands between many churches, almo... more.

Hariri Pontarini Architects - Parisian Laundry Building

602 King St. W.
Telephone: 416-929-4901
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 am, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Hariri Pontarini Architects office is located on the ground floor of the three and a half storey former Parisian Laundry building. A true post‐industrial loft space, the office is made up of two large, high ceiling, open‐span rooms, with heavy timber... more.

Heliconian Hall

35 Hazelton Ave.
Telephone: 416-922-3618
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Heliconian Hall dates back to 1875, when Yorkville was a rural village on the outskirts of Toronto. Originally a church and then the headquarters of a painters’ union, it was bought by the Heliconian Club in 1923. Its architecture is inspired by Carp... more.

High Level Pumping Station

35 Poplar Plains Rd.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
High Level Pumping Station is one of the City's most significant assets, playing a key role in delivering safe drinking water to the residents and businesses of Toronto. Tucked within an exclusive residential enclave, High Level is located at the s... more.

High Park - Children's Teaching Kitchen

105 Colborne Lodge Dr.
Telephone: 416-392-1329
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
The Children's Teaching Kitchen is the City of Toronto's first straw bale facility featuring a number of sustainable building technologies. It was built in 2012 at the High Park Children's Garden to further enhance the program's ability to connect ch... more.

High Park - Colborne Lodge

11 Colborne Lodge Dr.
Telephone: 416-392-6916
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Set on top of a hill overlooking Lake Ontario, Colborne Lodge (1837) was designed by its owner, John George Howard as a country home for himself and his wife, Jemima. Over the years, they built several additions to the house, and in 1855, they made i... more.

High Park - Forest School

375 Colborne Lodge Dr.
Telephone: 416-392-1748
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
In 1914, an outdoor school was established in High Park with the belief that spending time in nature, taking daily walks in the park and resting in cots under the trees would benefit the health and well-being of students struggling with health issues... more.

Historic Zion Schoolhouse

1091 Finch Ave. E.
Telephone: 416-395-7435
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
The Historic Zion Schoolhouse, School Section No. 12 York Township, was built in 1869 by the farming families of the rural community known as L'Amoroux. Several generations of children from these families attended the school until its closure in 1955... more.

Honest Ed's

581 Bloor St. W.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 am, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
11:00 am, 2:00 pm
Honest Ed's is a landmark discount store. It is named for its proprietor, Ed Mirvish, who opened the store in 1948 and oversaw its operations for almost 60 years until his death in 2007.(Klm wikepedia)The store consists of two buildings connected by ... more.
  Partially accessibleParking (paid)

Humber's Centre for Justice Leadership

3120 Lake Shore Blvd. W.
Telephone: 416-675-6622
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
10:00 am, 10:30 am, 11:00 am, 11:30 am
Humber's Centre for Justice Leadership is one of the college's technology based learning environments. This 18,000 sq. ft. building, a former car dealership, was transformed to include a 65-seat lecture theatre, built around a simulated one-bedroom a... more.

Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Lakeshore Campus

19 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Dr.
Telephone: 416-675-6622
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
10:00 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm
The former Lakeshore Psychiatric Hospital was originally known as the Mimico Branch Asylum. Construction began in 1888 and the hospital officially opened on January 21st, 1890. These Gothic and Romanesque style architecture buildings were built and m... more.

Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Lakeshore Campus - Humber Art Commons

3253 Lakeshore Blvd. W.
Telephone: 416-675-6622
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Humber Art Commons officially opened in fall 2015. Formerly known as Donato Academy of Hair-styling and Aesthetics, the modern transformation of this building made way for the Art Commons, Humber's new home for the Visual and Digital Arts and Art Fou... more.

Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Lakeshore Campus - L Space Gallery

19 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Dr.
Telephone: 416-675-6622
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 am, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Humber's Lakeshore Commons opened in Fall 2012 on the east side of the Lakeshore Campus. Previously a two-storey structure that housed the Performing Arts programming, it now provides a hub for student interactions and learning. Surrounded by an aca... more.

Ismaili Centre Toronto

49 Wynford Dr.
Telephone: 416-646-6965
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
While the most notable feature of the Ismaili Centre is the prayer hall, whose crystalline glass dome roof lights up the skyline, the Centre is a complex of varied spaces for contemplation and cultural and educational activity. The prayer hall is co... more.

Jing Yin Temple

722 Brimley Rd.
Telephone: 416-227-8838
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Jing Yin Temple is a chapter of the True Buddha School, which was founded by Grand Master Lu Sheng-Yen. Currently there are more than five million disciples and over 400 temples and cultivation centres worldwide. True Buddha School is recognized as a... more.

John McKenzie House

34 Parkview Ave.
Telephone: 416-226-9011
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The John McKenzie House was built in 1913, in a style that has been described as Queen Anne Revival, Arts and Crafts, and Edwardian. The grand red brick house is profiled by a large L-shaped, wrap-around verandah with sylized Doric columns. Significa... more.

Knox College

59 St. George St.
Telephone: 416-978-4500
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Opened in 1915, Knox College is a seminary of The Presbyterian Church in Canada at the University of Toronto. Located at the heart of the St. George campus, Knox College has been referred to as one of the finest examples of Collegiate Gothic architec... more.

Lambton House

4066 Old Dundas St.
Telephone: 416-767-5472
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Classic Wm. Tyrrell design. Built for Father of Confederation Sir Wm. P. Howland and his brothers, Lambton House served as a mid-point stagecoach and Royal Mail stop on the Dundas Highway. Originally it was an L-shaped centre plan, two storey red bri... more.

Legislative Assembly of Ontario

111 Wellesely St. W.
Telephone: 416-325-7500
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Stroll through the meeting place of Ontario's Legislative Assembly - an impressive Richardsonian Romanesque building home to the province's Legislature since 1893. Designed by British-born architect Richard Waite, this structure also features work by... more.

Mackenzie House

82 Bond St.
Telephone: 416-392-6915
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Mackenzie House is a Greek Revival row house, and today serves as a Historic House Museum. The house was purchased by friends and supporters of William Lyon Mackenzie in appreciation of his years of public service. He was Toronto's first mayor, lea... more.

Market Gallery

95 Front St. E.
Telephone: 416-392-7604
Saturday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
No
The Market Gallery occupies the 19th century city council chamber, the only remaining section of the original City Hall (1845) still extant as part of the South St. Lawrence Market. The original fan windows that once overlooked Lake Ontario now overl... more.

Markham House: City Building Lab

610 Markham St.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Markham House: City Building Lab is a gallery designed to highlighted the complex historical and cultural layers of Mirvish Village. Specific exhibit details are to be determined.// In the 1960s, Markham Street was transformed into an artists' colony... more.

MaRS Discovery District

101 College St.
Telephone: 416-673-8100
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
No
One of the world’s largest urban innovation centres, MaRS helps Canada’s leading science and technology entrepreneurs grow global companies by providing them with advice and mentorship, and connections to talent, customer and capital networks—all in ... more.

MASARYKTOWN

450 Scarborough Golf Club Rd.
Telephone: 416-439-4354
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
MASARYKTOWN: Founded in 1948 by Canadians of Czechoslovak origin who were unable to forget the land of their birth, which is in many ways similar to their adopted homeland -Canada. It was named in honor of the first president of Czechoslovakia, Thoma... more.

Mattamy Athletic Centre

50 Carlton St.
Telephone: 416-598-5966
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm
The Mattamy Athletic Centre is recognized as a Heritage building, originally constructed as Maple Leaf Gardens, it is now home to Ryerson University - Athletics. The original exterior and iconic ceiling remain, while the interior has received a compl... more.

MODERNest House 4

287 Brunswick Ave.
Telephone:
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
No
House 4 is the latest in a series of houses by the young development company MODERNest. It is a three-storey house located on a centrally-located tree-lined street with beautiful historic homes, and was designed to be respectful of the scale of thos... more.

Montgomery's Inn

4709 Dundas St. W.
Telephone: 416-394-8113
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Montgomery’s Inn, constructed in 1830, is considered to be one of the finest examples of Loyalist or late Georgian architecture in Ontario. The building’s original owners, Irish immigrant Thomas and Margaret Montgomery operated a successful tavern he... more.

Moriyama & Teshima Architects

117 George St.
Telephone: 416-925-4484
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 am, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Moriyama & Teshima Architects is an award-winning Canadian architecture firm known internationally for its civic, cultural, and educational buildings. Our projects have been consistently described as elegant and refined, sensitive and serene, and joy... more.

Munk School of Global Affairs - Observatory Site

315 Bloor St. W.
Telephone: 416-946-8929
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm
Originally constructed in 1909 the building served as a meteorological observation centre and home to the Dominion Meteorological Service. In the 1930s a 24-hour weather service operated from the observatory tower—it was instrumental during the Secon... more.

Native Child and Family Services of Toronto

30 College St.
Telephone: 416-969-8510
Saturday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30
Tours:
10:00 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm
30 College Street, a newly renovated four-storey, 30,000 square foot office building, is the headquarters for Native Child and Family Services of Toronto. Visitors will see a space that does justice to our culture, in all its visual wealth. The bold... more.

Neilson Park Creative Centre

56 Neilson Drive
Telephone: 416-622-5294
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
10:30 am, 11:30 am, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm
Neilson Park Creative Centre(NPCC) is a community centre focused on the arts. Est. in 1992 in Central Etobicoke to provide a permanent home for the community arts groups who continue to work there today. NPCC also offers a variety of classes and work... more.

OCAD U - Sharp Centre for Design

100 McCaul St.
Telephone: 416-977-6000
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The Sharp Centre for Design opened in 2004 as part of a major campus redevelopment. The award-winning, black and white “tabletop” structure stands above OCAD University’s main campus building on 12 multi-coloured steel legs. The centre is named after... more.

Ontario Heritage Centre

10 Adelaide Street East
Telephone: 416-325-5000
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
The Ontario Heritage Centre, formerly the Birkbeck Building, is a rare example of an intact Edwardian office building. With its Renaissance revival façade, Beaux Arts inspired design, rich details, steel frame and fireproofed surfaces, the Ontario H... more.

Osgoode Hall

130 Queen Street West
Telephone: 416-947-3315
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Osgoode Hall, home of the Law Society of Upper Canada and the highest courts of the province, opened in 1832 and remains a Toronto landmark and a symbol of the law in Ontario. A fence (1867), renowned for its peculiar gates, surrounds the property an... more.

Portlands Energy Centre

470 Unwin Ave.
Telephone: 416-462-8683
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Portlands Energy Centre (PEC) is a $730 million dollar generating station located in the eastern industrial section of the Port Lands in downtown Toronto. PEC provides up to 550 megawatts of power, which is about 25 percent of central Toronto's need.... more.

QRC West

134 Peter St.
Telephone: 416-977-9002
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
QRC West is a landmark development in Toronto’s Downtown West. It is a model of urban intensification featuring the modernization of a historic building, together, with the construction of a new tower. Featuring an adaptive reuse of an existing histo... more.

Ralph Thornton Centre

765 Queen St. E.
Telephone: 416-392-6810
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
No
Designed by E.J. Lennox, the building served as Postal Station G from its completion in 1913 until 1975. The building was saved from demolition and acquired by the City of Toronto. It was converted into a multi-purpose community facility which opene... more.

Redpath Sugar Museum

95 Queen's Quay E.
Telephone: 416-933-8341
Saturday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 3:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:00
Tours:
No
Founded by John Redpath in Montreal (1854), Redpath Sugar is Canada's oldest sugar company. Its Toronto manufacturing centre was opened in 1959 to co-incide with the opening of the St. Lawrence Seaway and today operates as a fully-integrated operatio... more.

Richard Johnson Gallery

894 Broadview Ave.
Telephone: 416-755-7742
Saturday:
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
This 2 story brick building is photographer Richard Johnson's live/work atelier. The main floor contains the retail gallery space and office area. Large format digital photo printing is in the basement. The second floor 2 bedroom apartment connects t... more.

Ronald McDonald House Charities Toronto

240 McCaul St.
Telephone: 416-977-0458
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto is a “home away from home” for families of seriously ill children from out of town to live while their child is undergoing life-saving treatment. It accommodates 81 families in 65 family bedrooms and 16 ... more.

Ryerson's Student Learning Centre

341 Yonge St.
Telephone: 4169795000
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Ryerson’s newest addition to campus, the Student Learning Centre (SLC), has transformed the corner of Yonge and Gould street. The SLC gives students eight uniquely-designed floors of new space to meet, study, share ideas and learn outside the classro... more.

R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plant

2701 Queen Street East
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30
Tours:
No
Constructed in the 1930s, the R.C. Harris is the largest of Toronto's four water treatment plants, each day providing an average of 450 million litres of safe drinking water to residents in Toronto and York Region. Dubbed The Palace of Purification,... more.

Scarborough Museum

1007 Brimley Rd.
Telephone: 416-338-8807
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Scarborough Museum buildings depict different time periods in Scarborough's past. Cornell House is a Vict was built in 1858 on Markham Rd in Scarborough Village, and offers a look at rural farm life in 20th century Scarborough. McCowan Log House w... more.

Spadina Museum - Historic House and Gardens

285 Spadina Rd.
Telephone: 416-392-6910
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
In 1866, the property was purchased by businessman and financier and city builder James Austin, founder of the Dominion Bank and president of Consumers Gas. The first Austin Spadina was built in 1866 and modified several times between 1898 and 1913. ... more.

Studio Junction - Courtyard House

2087 Davenport Rd. (Rear)
Telephone: 416-652-3906
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
The Courtyard House was inspired by an ancient form of architecture. This contemporary house, office and studio adapts to a mid-block or lane way situation where there is no typical front or back. Located in a mixed use industrial area, the design o... more.

St. Anne's Anglican Church

276 Gladstone Ave.
Telephone: 4165363160
Saturday:
10:00 am - 3:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Built in the Byzantine style, St. Anne's was designed by the noted Toronto architect Ford Howland to serve a large and vigorous parish. It was constructed in 1907-08, replacing an earlier building which stood on the site. In 1923, the interior was ri... more.

St. John’s York Mills Anglican Church

19 Don Ridge Dr.
Telephone: 416-225-6611
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
This designated Heritage property is the second oldest Anglican Church in York County, and has stood and grown over the years to become the building you see today. The history of the church is a reflection of the heritage of its members: a small farm... more.

St. Matthews Clubhouse

450 Broadview Ave.
Telephone: 416-465-7555
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
St. Matthews Clubhouse was the home of the St. Matthews Lawn Bowling Club, established in 1899 at St. Matthew's Anglican Church. When the church expanded in 1906, the Club was moved to a section of Riverdale Park East, just south of the original Don ... more.

Teeple Architects

5 Camden St.
Telephone: 416-598-0554
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Teeple Architects Inc. was founded in 1989 by firm Principal Stephen Teeple. Over the past 26 years it has built a reputation for innovative design, technical excellence and exceptional service through a broad range of acclaimed public and private se... more.

The Anglican Church of St Augustine of Canterbury

1847 Bayview Avenue
Telephone: 416-485-2656
Saturday:
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
A deliberately modern iteration of a model mid-century Anglican church—the rectangular sanctuary has equal-width nave & chancel, tall red brick interior walls are pierced with thin, jewel-toned stained-glass (one exquisite clear etched-glass window b... more.

The Anglican Church of St Augustine of Canterbury

1847 Bayview Avenue
Telephone: 416-485-2656
Saturday:
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
A deliberately modern iteration of a model mid-century Anglican church—the rectangular sanctuary has equal-width nave & chancel, tall red brick interior walls are pierced with thin, jewel-toned stained-glass (one exquisite clear etched-glass window b... more.

The Faculty Club, University of Toronto

41 Willcocks St. Toronto ON
Telephone: 416-978-6325
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The Faculty Club University of Toronto has been in operation since 1960, one year after it was acquired by the university. Originally called the Cosmopolitan Society when founded in 1907, the Primrose Club was a private meeting place for Jewish bus... more.

The Gladstone Hotel

1214 Queen St. W.
Telephone: 416-531-4635
Saturday:
12:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
12:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm
Celebrating its 126th Birthday this year, the Gladstone Hotel is Toronto’s oldest operating hotel. Since 2005, the hotel has identified itself as an art hotel and LGBT hub. Recognizing that being an art hotel means more than hanging a few paintings, ... more.

The John St. Round House - Steam Whistle Brewing

255 Bremner Blvd.
Telephone: 647-985-1628
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
No
We chose the historic John St. Roundhouse, just south of the CN Tower, to house our world class brewery. The Roundhouse had functioned as a Canadian Pacific Rail steam locomotive repair facility when built in 1929 servicing steam locomotives that hel... more.

The John St. Roundhouse - Toronto Railway Museum

255 Bremner Blvd.
Telephone: 416-214-9229
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
John Street Roundhouse (Canadian Pacific) National Historic Site of Canada is a low semi-circular brick structure built to accommodate railway engines on a massive turntable. The Toronto Railway Historical Association operates The Toronto Railway Mus... more.

The Masonic Temple

888 Yonge Street
Telephone: 844-618-3192
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
The Masonic Temple was constructed during WWI and was designated a Heritage Property in 1974. The six-story structure contains an auditorium featuring hardwood floors and a decorated ceiling. The estimated building cost was $175,000, but by the time ... more.

The Opera House Concert Venue

735 Queen St. E.
Telephone: 416-466-0313
Saturday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:00
Tours:
No
The Opera House is a unique and intimate venue still holding all the charm of its original 1900’s vaudeville theatre architecture. The Opera House boasts 12,000 square feet with spectacular views of our gorgeous 35-foot proscenium arch.For the past 2... more.

TIFF Bell Lightbox

350 King St. W.
Telephone: 416-599-8433
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
TIFF welcomes you to explore the Film Reference Library (FRL), a unique facility that promotes Canadian & international film scholarship by collecting, preserving, and providing access to a comprehensive collection of film, and film-related reference... more.

Todmorden Mills Heritage Site

67 Pottery Road
Telephone: 416-396-2819
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
10:00 am, 10:30 am, 11:00 am, 11:30 am
Todmorden was once a small industrial community that provided lumber, flour, beer and bricks to the growing city of Toronto. Today, this City of Toronto heritage site consists of four in situ structures: two historic houses, the former Brewery buildi... more.

Toronto Botanical Garden

777 Lawrence Ave. E.
Telephone: 416-397-1341
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Toronto Botanical Garden celebrates natural beauty and environmental sustainability. The LEED building showcases a striking glass pavilion topped with a sloped green roof surrounded by themed gardens and the Don Valley ravine. ... more.

Toronto Carpet Factory

67 Mowat Ave.
Telephone: 416-533-3000
Saturday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
In 1899, the burgeoning Toronto Carpet Manufacturing Company, Limited, moved out of its cramped space at Jarvis and The Esplanade into its impressive new factory at 1179 and 1179A King Street W., and 74 Fraser Ave. The company couldn’t keep up with t... more.

Toronto City Hall

100 Queen St. W.
Telephone: 311--
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
No
Toronto City Hall is the seat of Toronto's Municipal Government and is internationally recognized as an architectural masterpiece. Since its opening in 1965, Toronto City Hall has been one of Toronto's most famous landmarks. Toronto City Hall is the ... more.

Toronto Emergency Services Headquarters

4330 Dufferin Street Toronto
Telephone: 416-392-2000
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:00
Tours:
10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm
Toronto Emergency Services Headquarters is the head office for both Toronto Paramedic and Toronto Fire Services. Toronto Paramedic Services houses one of its 45 ambulance stations in this building as well as the Chief and senior management team off... more.

Toronto Fire Station 227

1904 Queen St. E.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Toronto Fire Station 227 dates back to the horse era when it was built in 1905. The grand clock tower is a popular landmark in the Beach. Significant interior and exterior renovations have been undertaken. A distinctive feature of the design of Stati... more.

Toronto Fire & Marine Station 334

339 Queens Quay W.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
The station includes a north east corner tower that complements the tower of the neighbouring lakeshore Toronto Police Marine Unit building at the Ross Street Slip. The tower adds a welcoming accent of visual élan to the parkland, commercial structur... more.

Toronto Harbour Comission Building

60 Harbour Street, Toronto ON
Telephone: 416-863-2000
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
No
The Toronto Harbour Commission building, today PortsToronto is one of the oldest on Toronto's Waterfront. The Toronto Harbour Commission building is constructed of concrete and faced mostly with Indiana limestone. Designed by Alfred H. Chapman in 19... more.

Toronto Police Service 11 Division

2054 Davenport Rd.
Telephone: 416-808-1100
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
The new 11 Division was officially opened on October 28th, 2011. It was built on the site of the historic 1914 Carlton Village Public School and has preserved much of the character of the old school. The station is the first Leadership in Energy an... more.

Toronto Public Library - Scarborough Civic Centre Branch

156 Borough Dr.
Telephone: 416-396-3599
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Scarborough Civic Centre Branch is Toronto Public Library's 100th branch. Designed to provide responsive 21st century library service, the branch's flexible spaces support collaboration and innovation, serving as an extension to this rapidly growing... more.

TTC - Leslie Barns

1165 Lakeshore Blvd. E.
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
No
Leslie Barns is TTC's streetcar maintenance/storage facility! Located at the corner of Lake Shore and Leslie Street, this 26,000 square meter modern facility will be used to maintain the TTC’s new fleet of streetcars. The Barns include decorative wal... more.

Tyndale University College & Seminary

3377 Bayview Avenue
Telephone: 416-226-6620
Saturday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:00
Tours:
No
Tyndale University College & Seminary is located on a beautiful 56-acre campus nestled between Bayview Avenue and the Don River. The architecture of the campus is a unique mixture of old and new styles. The original motherhouse of the Sisters of St. ... more.

University of Toronto - Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library

120 St. George St.
Telephone: 416-978-5285
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
No
The Fisher Rare Book Library is the largest publicly accessible rare book library in Canada. Housing both the University of Toronto's Rare Books and Special Collections department and the University Archives, its interior - six mezzanine floors of ra... more.

University of Toronto Institute for Aerospace Studies

4925 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:00
Tours:
9:30 am, 1:00 pm
Built in 1958, the University of Toronto Institute for Aerospace Studies(UTIAS)is the preeminent aerospace institute in Canada and one of the top aerospace institutes in the world. UTIAS houses large research facilities for graduate studies in aircra... more.

University of Toronto Schools

371 Bloor Street West
Telephone: 416-978-3212
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
No
Walk the halls of a school designed by Darling and Pearson, the same architectural firm responsible for dozens of our city’s landmarks, like University of Toronto's Convocation Hall, and the original buildings of the Royal Ontario Museum and the Art ... more.

Upper Canada College

200 Lonsdale Road
Telephone: 418-488-1125
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Founded in 1829, Upper Canada College (UCC) was one of the first institutions for secondary education in Ontario. During its first year of operation, 1830-31, UCC admitted 140 pupils and employed a principal and eight masters (teachers). Today, the ... more.

Waterfront BIA Gangways Open Toronto's Waterfront

370 Queens Quay W.
Telephone: 416-596-9821
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Enjoy the calming effect of the water's edge, which spans an impressive 46 kilometers, while exploring a variety of unique watercrafts. From majestic Tall Ships to lavish cruise liners, Toronto's central Waterfront is home to recreation and leisure v... more.

West Toronto Masonic Temple

151 Annette St.
Telephone: 6473388334
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
No
A centre of community in the Junction for over 100 years, the West Toronto Masonic Temple is at once a historic building and home to a number of groups which continue to be active today. The building features a beautiful lodge room where Masons meet ... more.

Women's Art Association of Canada

23 Prince Arthur Ave.
Telephone: 416-922-2060
Saturday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30

Sunday:
10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Last admittance: 3:30
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Home for 100 years of Women's Art Association of Canada. Houses the original fireplaces, banister to 2nd floor. Deck off the back of the house overlooking the sunken sculpture garden. A unique double house with artist studios, the Dignam Gallery and ... more.

Zeidler Partnership Architects

315 Queen St. W.
Telephone: 416-596-8300
Saturday:
Not Open

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30
Tours:
No
Eb Zeidler purchased a lot at 315 Queen in 1981 and built a four-story building that remains Zeidler’s Toronto office. The design is an excellent example of how a modern building can blend into an existing neighbourhood. To maintain the character of ... more.

ZoomerPlex

70 Jefferson Ave.
Telephone: 426-367-5353
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 4:30

Sunday:
Not Open
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
ZomerMedia's brands enable advertisers to reach this coveted group in almost all media platforms - print, TV, radio, digital, consumer shows, and conferences as well as through affinity programs with CARP, Canada's largest association for the 45-plus... more.

====\\DeRAIL

1900 Dundas Street West (Dundas Street West and Sterling Road)
Telephone:
Saturday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00

Sunday:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Last admittance: 5:00
Tours:
Tours throughout the day but non-scheduled.
Since implementation in 2009 on an abandoned railway bed, the 2.4 km linear park known as Toronto’s West Toronto Railpath supports an active mobility route for cycling, jogging, dog walking and pedestrians. This former railway spur has become widely ... more.

 

spacer before toronto maps linkToronto maps | Get involved | Toronto links | Privacy statement
spacer after privacy link link
© City of Toronto 1998-2016