Festival & Event Calendar Application Form
Step 1: Check to see if your event meets the criteria.
The City of Toronto reserves the right to edit/exclude listings. This calendar is managed by the City of Toronto Visitor Services with an objective to promote festivals, events and exhibits that will be of interest to tourists and residents discovering Toronto. Events must meet the criteria outlined below (exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Calendar Administrator and Management even if the event satisfies the objectives for this site).
Events must take place within the boundaries of the City of Toronto; may include multi-venue events with some locations outside the City provided that the majority of locations are inside the City and the focus of the event listing is on Toronto activities.
2. Events must be open to all members of the public.
3. A title sponsor that is included in the event name will be included in the listing. There will be no other sponsors or partners listed on the website.
4. Both free and ticketed events are eligible.
Definition of free event or function: If admission to or attendance at the event or function, whether it is held inside or outside, is free of charge then the event is considered free. Minimal charges for on-site food, additional events/concerts contained within the boundaries of the event or function may be allowed.
5. Retail promotion events are not eligible.
Definitions include events hosted by retail stores including the advertising of a business, sidewalk sale, store sale, store liquidation or dining special.
6. Events must be time specific and must include a start date and end date. Open-ended, ongoing events will not be accepted.
7. Events must be held in a physical location that can be accessed by the public.
For example, online contests or recruitment events will not be accepted.
8. For your event to qualify as fully barrier-free and wheelchair-accessible, your event venue/location must offer an accessible entrance with no steps AND a wheelchair-accessible washroom (if the venue offers public washrooms). If you do not meet both requirements, please select the partially accessible option.
9. Events shall not promote hatred or derision of any group and shall not discriminate on any grounds covered by the Ontario Human Rights Code or the City’s Non- Discrimination Policy, including but not limited to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or handicap. In the event that the City becomes aware of any violation of these principles the event will immediately be removed from the calendar without notice and without penalty.